WHATSAPP is working on a load great updates – and some of them have been revealed ahead of time.
Insiders have leaked nine big changes to the app, including a major upgrade for emoji fans.
When WhatsApp tests new features, it uses a special beta version of the app.
There are nine changes currently in development or rolling out that might pique your interest.
Some of them are available right now, while others will take weeks or even months to land.
And it’s possible that some changes could be scrapped altogether.
Upcoming WhatsApp changes
Here’s what WABetaInfo says is coming up…
- The ability to filter unread chats
- Reacting to messages using any emoji
- Business profiles getting cover photos
- Message and mute people on WhatsApp calls (available now)
- Migrating chats from Android phones to iPhone (available in beta)
- A group membership approval system
- Automatic media albums for Windows
- The ability to pause and resume voice notes (available in beta)
- WhatsApp message reactions on Windows (available in beta)
If you want to try all the latest features first, follow our guide below to join the WhatsApp beta.
How to join WhatsApp beta
To download WhatsApp beta for your smartphone you need to go to Google Play on your Android and search for WhatsApp.
Scroll down the page until you see “Become a Beta Tester”.
Tap the “I’m In” button and then click “Join” to confirm.
Now all you have to do is wait for the update to the beta version of the app.
Joining the WhatsApp beta on iPhone is more difficult, and has limited capacity.
Follow Apple’s guide here.
- Read all the latest Phones & Gadgets news
- Keep up-to-date on Apple stories
- Get the latest on Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
Get all the latest WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadget stories here.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
Denial of responsibility! Bulletin Reporter is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected] bulletinreporter.com . The content will be deleted within 24 hours.