GAMING communities across the world are excited for the new addition to the Assassin’s Creed’s series.
Creator Ubisoft calls it “a powerful coming-of-age story”.
Where will Assassin’s Creed Mirage be set?
The Assassin’s Creed video game series is known for its open world environment.
The franchise was launched in 2007 and has been set in a variety of places.
From Ancient Egypt, Classical Greece or Victorian London, it has been a great way to explore history in different places around the globe.
And the new 2023 game, Mirage, is moving to the Middle East, with Baghdad as the main city for players to explore.
This one will also dip into history, set in the Baghdad golden age, in year 861.
The city will offer players four districts, including the industrial Karkh and the lush gardens of the Round City.
Who is the main character in Assassin’s Creed Mirage?
Two characters have been revealed so far, with Basim Ibn Ishaq as the main one.
Basim was first introduced in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, released in 2020.
His story is that he grew up on the streets of Baghdad as a thief.
Basim lost his mother really young, and now dreams of joining The Hidden Ones.
In the game, The Hidden Ones is a secret global peacekeeping organisation dedicated to protecting humanity from abuses of power.
A new character will be Roshan, a woman from Persian descent and strong personality.
She is a member of The Hidden Ones, as master Assassin, and takes Basim under her wing as an apprentice.
Where were the other Assassin’s Creeds set?
The Assassin’s Creed’s franchise has been set in many places all over the world.
The game is open world and free roam, so players are able to explore the setting as they play.
Characters can climb around side of the buildings or jump across rooftops.
Previous games in the Assassin’s Creed’s franchise have been set in:
- Assassin’s Creed – The Holy Land – The first game in the series takes places during the Third Crusade in the Holy Land (modern-day Israel, Palestine, and Syria). The game introduces us to Altair Mir and is set in the year 1191.
- Assassin’s Creed: Altaïr’s Chronicles – The Holy Land – A mobile game released as a prequel to Assassin’s Creed.
- Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines – Cyprus – A PSP exclusive, which continues to follow Altair, is set in Cyprus.
- Assassin’s Creed 2 – Italy – Set in Renaissance Italy, during the late 15th and early 16th century, here we are introduced to Assassin Ezio Euditore da Firenze.
- Assassin’s Creed: Discovery – Italy – This game, set within Creed II, was released for iOS and Nintendo DS. Ezio is on a journey to free fellow Assassins from the Spanish Inquisition.
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood – Italy – This is a sequel to Assassin’s Creed II and continues to follow Ezio.
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations – Syria & Constantinople – Altair’s story continues in 12th and 13th-century Masyaf (Syria), while Ezio’s is set in 16th century Constantinople.
- Assassin’s Creed 3 – America – The game is set in Boston, New York, and the American frontier, and takes place before, during and after the American revolution, from 1754-1783. It features Haytham Kenway and Ratonhnhaké:ton.
- Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation – America – set in New Orleans towards the end of the French and Indian War, from 1765-1777. It also features Assassin’s Creed’s first woman protagonist, Aveline de Grandpré.
- Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag – Caribbean Ocean – It introduces us into a tropical setting, and the Golden Age of piracy in the 18th century Caribbean. It introduces us to Captain Alonzo Batilla.
- Assassin’s Creed 4: Pirates – Caribbean Ocean – This is a mobile game version of Black Flag.
- Assassin’s Creed Rogue – North Atlantic Sea – Shay Patrick Cormac is the Assassin turned Templar featured in this game, which is set in the mid-18th century during the Seven Year’s War. It’s set predominantly in New York, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.
- Assassin’s Creed Unity – France – Takes part during the French Revolution- 1789-1794, introducing us to Arno Victor Dorian.
- Assassin’s Creed Chronicles – China – Shao Jun is the female protagonist in this game set in in China in the year 1526.
- Assassin’s Creed Syndicate – England – Set in Victorian-era London and follows twin Assassins Jacob and Evie Frye.
- Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India– This one takes place in India in 1841, and is centred around Arbaaz Mir.
- Assassin’s Creed Identity – Italy – a mobile game set during the Italian Renaissance.
- Assassin’s Creed Chronicles – Russia – Takes place in Russia 1918, just after the October Revolution, with Assassin Nikolai Orelov.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – Egypt– Set in Ancient Egypt near the end of the Ptolemaic period, from 49-43 BC.
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – Greece – Takes place in Ancient Greece from 431-422 BC during the Peloponnesian War, with Alexios and Kassandra.
- Assassin’s Creed Rebellion Setting – Spain – Featuring well-known Assassins, including Ezio and Shao Jun, this takes place during the Spanish Inquisition.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – Britain – Takes place during the Viking invasion of Britain around 873 AD.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids – Ireland – This downloadable (DLC) game heads to Ireland and includes Gaelic myths and folklore.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: The Siege of Paris – France – A second DLC game heads to the French capital.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarök – Mythical Norse World – This is Assassin’s Creed first venture into a mythical world.
- Assassin’s Creed Mirage – Baghdad – This game, set in Baghdad during the 9th century, will be released in spring 2023.
- Assassin’s Creed Codename Red – Japan – Finally heading to Japan, Codename Red is yet to get a release date.
- Assassin’s Creed Codename Jade – China – this new title for mobile is yet to have a release date., but is rumoured to feature the Great Wall of China.
- Assassin’s Creed Hexe – the setting for Hexe is yet to be announced, but the word Hexe is witch in German.
Assassin’s Creed Infinity is in the pipeline, but this is a social hub.
AC Netflix and AC Invictus have also been announced.
The Assassin’s Creed and Netflix crossover is a mobile game exclusive to the subscription service, while Invictus will be a standalone game available via Assassin’s Creed Infinity.
Denial of responsibility! Bulletin Reporter is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected] bulletinreporter.com . The content will be deleted within 24 hours.