The Cape Cod B&B is popular with people who use the travel platform.
A historic Cape Cod getaway was just named the best bed & breakfast in America and the second best in the world by Tripadvisor users.
5 things to do when visiting Brewster
The Needham-based travel site released a list of top 25 B&Bs and inns in the U.S. on Tuesday as part of its Travelers’ Choice Awards for Hotels. Candleberry Inn on Cape Cod in Brewster ranked No. 1 in the U.S. and No. 2 in the world, beat out only by The Toulson Court in Scarborough, United Kingdom.
“We know there is not a one-size-fits-all approach to travel planning. Some travelers are looking for unique stays — ranging from cave hotels to overwater bungalows — while others are looking for a quaint B&B,” Kanika Soni, chief commercial officer for Tripadvisor, said in a statement. “No matter what type of trip you are looking for, this year’s Travelers’ Choice Awards — with winners spanning six continents and 90 countries — showcase the top recommendations from other travelers.”
Guests at the nine-room Candleberry Inn on Cape Cod, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, can stay in the Georgian Federal-style Main House or Carriage House. A multi-course gourmet breakfast is served each morning, and guests have walking access to the beach, restaurants, shops, and art galleries.
In total, three New England accommodations made the list of 25 world’s best B&Bs and inns: The Blue Horse Inn in Woodstock, Vermont, ranked No. 4 on the list (and No. 2 in the U.S.) and Gazebo Inn Ogunquit in Ogunquit, Maine, ranked No. 6. (and No. 3 in the U.S.).
There are six more New England entries on the list of best B&Bs and inns in the U.S., for a grand total of nine: Queen Vic Guest House in Provincetown ranked No. 6; The Trellis House in Ogunquit, Maine, ranked No. 7; Camden Windward House in Camden, Maine, ranked No. 8; Captain Swift Inn in Camden, Maine, ranked No. 17; Sea Street Inn in Hyannis ranked No. 20; and The Inn at Cook Street in Provincetown ranked No. 22.
Many other New England destinations were recognized on the list:
- Topside Inn in Boothbay Harbor ranked No. 1 on the list of 25 top small stays in the U.S. (and No. 7 in the world). Chatham Inn in Chatham ranked No. 5 on the U.S. list.
- New England snagged five spots on the list of top 25 hotels on the water in the U.S.: Atlantis Oceanfront Inn in Gloucester ranked No. 3; Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge in Rockport ranked No. 9; 250 Main Hotel in Rockland, Maine, ranked No. 17; Winnetu Oceanside Resort in Edgartown ranked No. 18; and Marginal Way House in Ogunquit, Maine, ranked No. 23. Napili Surf Beach Resort in Lahaina, Hawaii, ranked No. 1.
- Couples, take note: New England has four of the top 25 romantic hotels in the U.S.: Topside Inn in Boothbay Harbor, Maine, ranked No. 3; Chatham Inn in Chatham ranked No. 4; The Inn at Thorn Hill, Jackson, N.H., ranked No. 19; and The Inn at Ocean’s Edge, Lincolnville, Maine, ranked No. 25. Kehoe House in Savannah, Georgia ranked No. 1.
- For luxury stays, New England is home to two of the top 25 luxury hotels in the U.S.: Four Seasons Hotel Boston ranked No. 14, and The Nantucket Hotel & Resort on Nantucket ranked No. 15. The Mark Hotel in New York City ranked No. 1.
- Finally, Smugglers’ Notch Resort in Jefferson, Vermont, ranked No. 13 among the top 25 hotels for families in the U.S. (No. 1 is Sun Viking Lodge in Daytona Beach Shores, Fla.) and Wilburton Inn, in Manchester, Vermont, ranked No. 11 among the top 25 mountain lodges & resorts in the U.S. (No. 1 is Alta’s Rustler Lodge in Alta, Utah)
The Travelers’ Choice Awards for Hotels are determined based on the quality and quantity of traveler reviews and ratings posted on Tripadvisor from Jan. 1, 2021 through Dec. 31, 2021.
How to Boston
Get the best of the city, delivered to your inbox weekly.
Denial of responsibility! Bulletin Reporter is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – admin@ bulletinreporter.com . The content will be deleted within 24 hours.