THERE’S an essential trick that all Sky TV owners need to know: voice controls.
Your Sky remote is seriously powerful if you know the magic words.
There are plenty of different commands that you can use.
And since you’ve mastered them, you’ll save loads of time.
First you need to learn how to activate voice commands.
Then practice using a few until you get into the habit of using them.
To use a voice command, hold the Sky remote up in front of you.
Then press and hold the voice button as you speak clearly into the microphone.
The voice button is helpfully marked with a microphone symbol.
Release the voice button once you’re finished speaking.
You’ll see the search query pop up on screen, and then hopefully it will work as intended.
Sky voice commands
Here are some voice commands recommended by Sky:
- Search for a specific show, actor, movie or sporting event, e.g. “Game of Thrones.”
- Find a movie by using a famous quote from the film. See the PDF for the complete list. Search for a movie using a famous quote (PDF
- Change channels, e.g. “Go to Sky Atlantic.”
- Play recordings, e.g. “Play Toy Story.”
- Use commands, e.g. “Play” “Pause” “Skip twenty minutes.”
- Launch apps, e.g. “Open Spotify”.
- Change accessibility settings, e.g. “Turn on subtitles.”
- Change from app to app, e.g while in Netflix “YouTube.”
- Start a recording while watching a live TV channel, e.g “record.”
One of the best Sky voice control tricks lets you skip adverts.
It’ll work if you’re watching content that you’ve downloaded.
Simply wait for an ad break to start and then say “Skip three minutes” and you’ll usually go straight back into the TV show or movie.
There are even more Sky commands to try, so just test out some phrases that you think might work.
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
Get all the latest WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadget stories here.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
Denial of responsibility! Bulletin Reporter is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected] bulletinreporter.com . The content will be deleted within 24 hours.