Consumers invested 11.3 billion euros in more sustainable homes

In 2022, Dutch households will have spent €11.3 billion on making their homes more sustainable. They spent the most on the product categories solar and wind energy (38%) and insulation (37%).

In total, 4.8 million households will have made at least one sustainable adjustment in 2022. This is evident from Sustainable Living, a large-scale study by Multiscope among more than 5,000 Dutch people.

85% was outsourced
In one year, Dutch households spent € 11.3 billion on making their homes more sustainable. Of this, € 9.6 billion (85%) was outsourced to third parties. The remaining € 1.7 billion (15%) went to adjustments that consumers made themselves. Matters that are often outsourced are the installation of solar panels (93%), insulation (86%) and ventilation (85%). Energy-efficient lighting, on the other hand, is often installed yourself (91%).

75% energy and insulation
Most was spent on solar and wind energy, with 38% of expenditure going to this category. Almost the same amount was spent on insulation (37%). The sustainability of heating follows at a considerable distance (19%). The product categories lighting (4%) and water saving (2%) account for a relatively small part of the expenditure, because consumers often make these themselves.

5 million homes made sustainable
In 2022, 59% of Dutch households will have made at least one adjustment to make their home more sustainable. That amounts to 4.8 million households. This number has increased compared to 2021 (4.2 million) and 2020 (4 million). On average, more adjustments are also made per home than a year earlier (4.5 versus 4.1). In total, 4 million more adjustments were made in 2022 than in 2021. Partly due to the increased number of adjustments, the total market has grown from € 8.6 billion in 2021 to € 11.3 billion in 2022.

The results in this press release come from Sustainable Living, a large-scale study into energy, insulation, heating, ventilation and savings. The survey surveyed 5,080 respondents aged 18 and over, representing the Dutch population.

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Bulletin Reporter is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – admin@ . The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More